In our latest instalment of the CPL 12, we have the privilege of hearing from AKOM power forward, Todd Nebauer. Todd is a CPL OG and has been in the League since CPL Season 1 in 2008. In that time Todd has played on a whopping 13 different teams – so a lot of you probably already know the man, but it never hurts to learn a little more… over to you Todd:
- What’s your name?
- Now tell us your nickname.
Toddles, Toddrick, Toodles, Toodly, Rick.
- Who do you play for in the CPL?
- What position do you play on the court?
- What jersey number do you wear and why?
Well my preferred number is 11, as it was the first number I was ever given when I started out playing ball, and it also happens to be mums fav number.
- What do you do outside of basketball?
I Work in Government IT, but other than that just try to enjoy life.
I’m in the gym every day before work and those who know, know I enjoy a party.
- All time favourite basketball player?
Shaq. The guy was just an animal, and he’s a funny mofo.
- Favourite team?
Spurs and Pistons.
I originally got into the Pistons when I started following the NBA, but the Spurs were always close behind, but since Patty joined them, I find I’m focused on them more.
- What’s your favourite feature of the CPL?
Great all-round crew. Everyone gets in and does their part and the whole comp is a winner.
- Best CPL memory to date?
Good times at the end of season parties.
- Favourite place in the world?
Canada. Lived there for 2 years on the ski hills and had some of the best times of my life there.
- Drop some wisdom on us… what’s your life-rule or favourite saying?
Get comfortable with being vulnerable. You don’t know everything and never will. The quicker you understand and find comfort in the fact, the faster you’ll grow.