Our latest big number is 51.
The 18th of June is remembered for many historical events occurring on this date. To name a few:
- The Battle of Waterloo (1815)
- Amelia Earhart becoming the first women to fly across the Atlantic ocean (1928)
- Mrs Shakuntala Devi mentally calculated two 13-digit numbers in 28 sec (1980)
- Bryan Adams releases Billboard song of the Year “(Everything I do) I do it for you” (1991) – a personal favourite of ours
- The Fast and the Furious premiered (2001)
- King Juan Carlos I of Spain abdicates the Spanish throne to make way for his son Felipe VI (2014)
However, for the CPL the 18th of June will be remembered as the day that Will Mayfield of the Yvng Kings scored a whopping 51 points.
He scored this impressive total with six field goals (12 points), 12 three pointers (36 points), and three free throws (3 points).
The rest of his stats for the night were not terrible either, showing that he contributed more than just points – with 10 rebound, 4 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block. He also managed to come away clean for the night with no fouls. The most important stat for the night is that the Yvng Kings got the win.
For those of you playing at home, 51 points scored in a game is the current CPL record for most points. This mammoth effort topped the previous benchmark of 49 points, set by the Pork Swords Shaun Mills (2018/19 – Round 20). Unfortunately for Will, he was not able to take the most three pointers mantle from the current record holder Shaun Mills, who racked up 14 three pointers made in his 49 point effort.
Whilst Will is no Bryan Adams, his 51 point outing did “Make a Night to Remember”.